Sergey Panarin is an expert in toll road toll collection systems, working in the IT industry since 2011. Since 2016, he has been actively involved in the development of software and hardware for toll roads in Russia.
Sergey Panarin's main achievements include:
- The development and implementation of the Megatoll APCS, which is the largest toll collection complex in Russia. The Megatoll APCS is used at 17 toll collection points on the M-11 and the Khabarovsk bypass, which accounts for about 34% of the infrastructure of toll roads with barrier-type toll collection points in Russia.
- The development and implementation of the interoperability system for electronic payment tools on toll roads in Russia, which allows using the same transponder on different toll roads.
- The development and implementation of mobile tolls for toll collection on toll roads.
For his achievements, Sergey Panarin was awarded a prize from the state company "Russian Highways" for his "significant contribution to the implementation of the Moscow-Saint Petersburg M-11 highway construction project."
Impact on the IT industry in the field of toll roads
Sergey Panarin has had a significant impact on the IT industry in the field of toll roads in Russia. His developments have contributed to the improvement of the efficiency and convenience of toll roads, as well as the development of interoperator interaction.
In particular, the implementation of the Megatoll APCS made it possible:
- To reduce the time it takes to pass through toll collection points.
- To increase the throughput of toll collection points.
- To provide more comfortable conditions for drivers.
The development and implementation of the interoperability system for electronic payment tools made it possible:
- To simplify the payment process for drivers.
- To reduce the costs of toll road operators.
The development and implementation of mobile tolls made it possible:
- To reduce the number of queues at toll collection points.
- To provide the opportunity to pay for travel outside of business hours.
Overall, Sergey Panarin's developments have contributed to the development of toll roads in Russia and the improvement of their attractiveness for drivers.